As a homeowner, you may have some ideas on how to improve your property. Please keep in mind that our Association has an Architectural Review Committee to help maintain the quality and appearance of our neighborhood. Its function is to evaluate plans for exterior landscaping, fixtures, building exteriors, and dramatic remodeling to ensure compliance will all Covenants and Bylaws. The purpose of this committee is to protect our scenic environment, ensure consistency, and maintain the value of our homes. All modifications of the exterior of your property must be submitted to the Architectural Committee for approval before any work begins. If work is initiated before prior approval, a homeowner risk being cited for a violation and may be required to alter or remove the changes.
We are happy to report that many of our residents have contacted the board or managing agent prior to an exterior alternation or dramatic interior remodel. We appreciate your diligence, thank you. After performing a community walk though, we also noticed some homeowners have made exterior alterations without prior consent. If you are one of these homeowners, please contact our managing agent immediate to discuss your concern. Your proactive action demonstrates an interest in our community and we will recognize this while addressing your concern. We are willing to work with our homeowners but we also must abide by our community Covenants and Bylaws.
For better understanding of these community items, we have provided a few Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) below:
- Q: How long has this rule been enforced?
- This rule has been on our books since the inception of our community (1995).
- Q: Where can I find a copy of the actual rules?
- You may access our CC&Rs and Rules and Regulations either here or on our manaqing agent’s website of www.acs-hoa.com, under the documents section.
- Q: I have the CC&Rs and Rules and Regulations open, but I am lost?
- For the CC&Rs, please refer to the following sections: 2.4 Owners Right to Decorate, 2.5 Fixtures and Appliances, and 9.1 Creation of Committee.
- For the Rules & Regulations, see sections: External Unit Additions, Structural Alterations, Windows & Doors.