Good dog! Good cat!
As a resident of Wingate Townhomes, you must abide by these statutes. As a reminder, you may have one pet, no more than (30 lbs. and under), per unit.
- No pets, animals, livestock or poultry of any kind shall be commercially bred in, on or about the Project. Pets must be properly licensed and registered by the appropriate governmental agency where required. Pets may not create a nuisance. The following acts may constitute a nuisance:
- Causing damage to the property of anyone other than the pet owner;
- causing unreasonable fouling of the air by odors;
- causing unsanitary conditions;
- defecating on common areas when the feces are not immediately cleaned up by the responsible party;
- barking, howling, whining or making other disturbing noises in an excessive, continuous or untimely fashion;
- molesting or harassing passersby by lunging at them or chasing passing vehicles;
- attacking or threatening to attack people or other domestic animals;
- otherwise acting so as to bother, annoy or disturb other reasonable residents or interfering with their right to the peaceful and quiet enjoyment of their property;
- Any pet creating a nuisance or an unreasonable disturbance or is not a common household pet, as determined by the city animal control officer, must be permanently removed from Wingate Village Town Homes upon seven (7) days written notice.
- Dogs in the Common Area must be in a cage or on a leash and under the control of a responsible person. A pet may not be tied or tethered in the Common Area. The Management Committee may establish Pet Rules, including rules limiting the number of pets per unit, and charge a pet deposit and/or a registration fee.
- No more than one small (30 lbs. and under) domesticated dog or cat or other small household pet per unit will be allowed.
- All dogs and cats must have current rabies vaccinations.
- Pets must be contained within the Owner’s Unit. Outside animals are not permitted. Pets may not be left alone in common areas or with access to common areas (E.g. tethered on front porches or back patio with gate open.)
- Dogs shall be on a leash at all times when outside a Unit. Residents finding an unleashed pet in the Common Area shall immediately contact Animal Control.
- Owners are personally responsible for the cost to repair any damage caused by their pets to the common area.
- Any pet which endangers the health or welfare of any Owner, resident, invitee, or guest is to be reported immediately to the city animal control officer. If it is determined by the city that the animal is vicious or a danger to the community it must be permanently removed from Wingate Village Town Homes upon seven (7) days written notice.
- Animal bites must be reported to the Animal Control Officer within 24 hours for investigation.
As a resident of Salt Lake City, you are required by law to abide by these statutes. Click here to read them.